Empowering you with the knowledge to take control of your financial well-being.
RWS Financial Group is partnered with the Association of Financial Educators (AFE) – the market leader in providing FREE financial education workshops.
Register for a financial education workshop today
Start with a 10 minute no cost. no-obligation conversation to get started with a financial education workshop.
About the Association of Financial Educators
The Association of Financial Educators (AFE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association of financial professionals who donate their time to give back to the community.
- They work directly with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to conduct free financial education workshops for companies and their employees. The CFPB is federal government agency that governs the financial sectors of the U.S. as well as helps promote financial education for all individuals in the country.
- They have been doing this for almost a decade and have worked with thousands of companies during that time.
- Workshops are designed to help all individuals including those living paycheck to paycheck all the way up to those that just need more advanced information on investment strategies and identifying market trends.
- Workshops are designed to last anywhere from 30-45 minutes. We do this so that most employees can attend during their lunch time and the impact to their work is mitigated.
- Advisors are not allowed to sell or endorse any product or service of any kind during the workshops.
- Workshops are for educational purposes only!
How do the companies we work with benefit?
One of the most prevalent issues that workers face today is financial stress. According to a study conducted in 2017 by Price Waterhouse Cooper, one of the world’s leading professional services networks, 53% of workers report being stressed by their finances, with those reporting stress tending to be younger and female. Across all generations, financial matters were the top cause of stress. 1 We help companies and individuals reduce these stressors through education and empowerment. The facts:
Financial stress is costing your company a lot of money!
- Loss of productivity – Workers under financial stress spend an average of 20 to 28 hours a month researching personal financial issues at work.
- Employer cost: as much as $7,000 per employee per year.
- Workplace accidents – 60% to 80% of on the job accidents are stress related.
- Employer cost: on average $29,000 per workplace accident in lost productivity, uninsured costs, accident investigation, production slowdowns, and new employee training.
- Health and welfare issues – 75% to 90% of all doctor visits are stress related.
- Employer cost: on average $300 per day/per employee in lost productivity for each day an employee is absent. This does not include lost revenue or increased healthcare cost.
- Employee turnover – 40% of employee turnover is due to stress.
- Employer cost: between $3,000 and $13,000 to replace the average employee.
- HR department distractions – In the form of handling calls from bill collectors, processing 401k loans, processing wage garnishments, and so on…
- Employer cost: up to 10% of the Human Resource Department payroll budget.
Strong financial wellness programs decrease financial stress in workers.
- Increase productivity and satisfaction – By simply providing basic financial literacy education to all employees, productivity levels increase, along with employee satisfaction.
- Increase performance for all employees – Financial literacy education optimizes employee performance across the board, regardless of each employee’s current financial situation.
- Increase retirement income – The Principal Financial Group found that workers who committed to and participated in a program increased their expected retirement income by an extra $905 a month.
- Increase financial wealth –Principal also found that “Estimated effects are sizable, particularly for the l
How do the companies we work with benefit?
No, we do not charge for any of the workshops that we do. Our goal is to provide free education.
Our members conduct workshops as a way to give back to the community while increasing exposure and building their own professional networks.
All our members have signed a contract which states that they are absolutely forbidden to sell anything of any kind at the workshops.
In the past, our workshops were almost exclusively conducted on site, either in a conference room, break room, or similar suitable space. Since the coronavirus pandemic, many advisors conduct their workshops virtually through various webinar platforms. (We can assist with facilitating virtual meetings when necessary.)
All we need from you is an area to conduct the workshops (if on site) or the ability to contact your employees remotely; a date and time when your employees will be available; and help in disseminating any surveys and information we provide.
Absolutely. Once you decide you might want to offer our service to your employees, we will arrange a meeting or video call with the advisor so you can go over any questions. This meeting typically takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
Of course! We will be happy to provide you with anything you need to help you make the decision that’s best for your group. You can either reach out to the member you are working with directly or contact our corporate office at the number listed on our website.
Yes. We offer all participants a free private follow-up consultation for these precise purposes.
We currently have over 150 different workshops that range from basic budgeting all the way up to more advanced estate and retirement planning. We continue to add new workshop and support materials all the time.
We can conduct as many or as few as you wish and there is no commitment required on your part. We do suggest however that in order for your company to see the greatest benefit, your program should be long term, be offered on a routine basis, and cover a variety of topics. Studies have shown that the longer and more diverse a financial education program is, the greater the impact and results.
Ready to get started?
Our workshops can educate, entertain, inform, motivate, strengthen morale, provide detailed, practical information, help reduce employee turnover, show your employees that you are invested in them and more.